MAIN_POSTPROC/UEXP_SPDD – APPEND_SAPCOMP
we just made SPAU in our development system.
After restarting the SUM process, when we finished transaction SPAU, we ran into an error:
Severe error(s) occurred in phase MAIN_POSTPROC/UEXP_SPDD!
Last error code set: Issues occurred calling ‘APPEND_SAPCOMPONENT’ –
check phase log for details.
A trouble ticket and an archive with all relevant log files have been generated.
Trouble ticket: “/SUM_Paket/SUM/abap/log/SAPup_troubleticket.log”
Log archive: “/SUM_Paket/SUM/abap/log/SAPup_troubleticket_logs.sar”
First we tried to repeat the step. The same error occurred again. The checks.log showed the following statement:
# XXXXXX:/SUM_Paket/SUM/abap/log #
%BEGIN MAIN_POSTPROC/UEXP_SPDD TEXT
Warning: APPEND_SAPCOMPONENT returned message: “Appending attributes
With the SUM tool the system got certain components, component releases and Support Package levels. This information is in an internal table. The
components, component releases and Support Package levels, which the system has now are different. When the SPDD and/or SPAU transport was exported, the SUM tool noticed, that the information differs. This could be e.g. if further updates were done via SAINT or SPAM after the SUM was (almost) finished and before the export for the SPDD/SPAU request was done. If this SPDD/SPAU request shall be included in a further SUM procedure, it is
important that the components, component releases and Support Package levels of the SPDD/SPAU request fit to the target status of that SUM procedure.
We also checked note:
1735879 – Error occurs in phase MAIN_POSTP/UEXP_SPAU or MAIN_POSTP/UEXP_SPDD
Both causes (A and B) do not fit our situation, because
A – The source.client is 000
B – The file umodauto.lst (XXXXXX:/SUM_Paket/SUM/abap/bin) contains the requests, and not the tasks and the correct release:
SPAU 740 XXXK911424
SPDD 740 XXXK911422
Before implementing the update on our developement system we
tested the update on a sandbox copy of the dev system. There we did not face
this issue. Only difference I see is, that the transports did not have a targetsystem in
the sandbox system.